Thursday, April 28, 2011

Rain drops keep falling on my head!.....

I haven't posted for a bit so I decided today would be a good day to do that! It is so pretty outside!
This last week it had rained the whole time and all I wanted to do was sleep! I really though i was going to need a ark before long! My garden is still there and growing but I did lose a little bit of lettuce and one spot of purple cabbage :(  
All that rain kinda washed the little seedlings away! Everything else seems to be okay! I was worried all my hard work was going to go down the drain! We had some mighty big storms with ALOT of rain! Today is so pretty and the veggies and herbs seem to be very happy about that! although the weeds will be happy too and I alas will not be! I do not like weeding or weeds, those little nasty buggers wont stay out of my garden lol...so this weekend I will have to take care of them unless we get more rain (i heard it might this weekend but I sure hope its just a rumor!)
We did not get much of my fathers garden planted so we missed some important rain for them but what we did get in the ground he has seen some growth! Radishes are popping out of the ground! I do not like radishes so I did not plant any.
My herbs are looking very small! So cute! I will have to post pictures later this week! Rose Mary and tarragon Have not popped out of the ground and I cant remember what other herb i planted but it hasn't either, I have to go back thru my photos to see what I'm missing! The stakes I put in there had faded words on them already so I have to go remark them!
My garlic made a appearance finally, Celery, Habanero's and okra has not nor has my Anaheim's! Everything else is growing really well! I cant wait to show you it all!
Well thats all for now!
Hope everybody had a great Easter!
City Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment